Let's have a baby.
Are you ready to grow your family by two little feet?
Cass County Health System is the perfect place to welcome your baby into the world.
Meet Our Physicians
Our physicians who provide obstetric care are:
- Dr. Edna Becht, Family Medicine
- Dr. Autumn Keiser, Family Medicine
- Dr. Ben Howard, Family Medicine
- Dr. Angie Weppler, Family Medicine
- Dr. James Brown, OB-GYN
- Dr. Emily Chang, OB-GYN
Our Family Medicine physicians have years of experience caring for moms and babies, and they provide seamless continuity of care. They specialized in Family Medicine so that they can care for any age and state of life – which means that they can care for you and your child before, during, and after pregnancy. You’ll build a lifelong relationship with this provider, as will your child.
We provide one-on-one prenatal classes that we tailor to you. Whether it’s your first child or your fifth, our OB nurses want to make sure all of your questions are answered so that you feel prepared and confident for labor, delivery, and caring for your newborn! We’ll work with you to schedule your private class for a time that works with your schedule.
Our Labor, Delivery, Recovery & Postpartum (LDRP) Rooms
We offer private rooms for all of our expecting mothers in our secure OB Unit. You’ll labor, deliver, and recover all in the same space. The spacious rooms are perfect for welcoming visitors, too! Every room includes:
- Private bathroom with a large walk-in shower
- Flat screen TV
- Comfortable seating for you and guests
- Couch for your spouse or support person to sleep
- Free Wireless Internet
- Closet space for your luggage and belongings
- All necessary medical equipment for labor & delivery
- Our OB unit is locked 24/7 and uses a video monitoring system to ensure your safety and privacy.
- All newborns wear two identification bracelets, one of which is alarmed to alert all staff if a newborn leaves the OB unit.
- We will carefully monitor you during labor. We’ll frequently take your vital signs, assess your pain level, and measure your labor progress.
- We will carefully monitor your baby throughout your labor. We offer bedside monitoring as well as wireless electronic fetal monitoring, so that you can walk and move as you want, but we can still keep an eye on baby.
- We use a central monitoring system -- which means that our OB nursing team can safely monitor multiple patients even when they aren't in patients' rooms.
- All of our rooms are fully equipped for labor and delivery. The modern design helps conceal medical equipment that can be reached in a moment’s notice, and then stowed away when no longer needed. Specialty lighting will be used during delivery.
- Our special labor beds will configure into different positions quickly to meet your needs during labor and delivery – without you having to change beds or rooms.
- Our Registered Nurses are specially trained to work on the OB unit and have years of experience caring for moms and babies. They’ll be by your side throughout your stay.
- Our OB nurses will help you have a safe, memorable delivery. They will monitor your labor progress and stay in contact with your physician, and they will provide education and answer all of your questions.
- We have multiple Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists who can provide epidural pain control.
- We also offer IV pain medication.
- Our nurses will show you alternative positions and techniques for pain control.
- Our nurses are supportive of your birth plans – whether it’s being able to shower during labor, use a birthing ball, or keeping the lights dim – we want to know what your expectations are. We’ll do our best to meet these expectations as long as they are safe for you and baby.
- Your spouse or labor support person is welcome to stay in your room with you. The couch in the room also doubles as a bed for overnight stays.
- We also offer a family waiting room just outside of the OB unit.
At CCMH, Dr. Chad McCance, Dr. James Brown, and Dr. Emily Chang perform c-sections. Our OB unit has a dedicated elevator that goes straight to surgery, so that in the event of an emergency c-section we can transfer you to the operating room quickly and privately.
Healthy, Delicious Meals
During your stay with us, our Food Services Department will deliver your meals to your room, and one for your spouse or support person, too. We are also proud to offer our obstetric patients a special room service menu. And during your stay, we will provide a special “Stork Dinner” in your room.
Feeding Your Newborn
Whether you plan on breast or bottle feeding, our OB nurses are here to help you feel confident about feeding your newborn.
Our Certified Lactation Counselor will meet with you one-on-one to address any of your concerns, share techniques, and answer any questions. And when you have questions after you’ve discharged, you can always call us at 250-8862 and we’d be happy to help!