Patient Financial Services: How We Can Help
Cass Health's Patient Financial Services team is happy to help answer questions about:
- Financial Assistance
- Payment Plans
- Payment plans available from 6 to 36 months
- Monthly payments as low as $25
- No insurance? Our team can help you to determine if you qualify for other programs and services.
Reach out to our team by calling (712) 250-8041 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay Your Bill Online
Paperless Billing Statements Now in MyChart
Effective January 30, 2024 —If you use MyChart, you’ll now automatically receive your bill digitally through your MyChart account instead of receiving a copy in the mail.
You can also pay your bill in MyChart, too.
If you prefer to receive a paper statement in the mail, you can opt out of paperless statements. Log into your account to change the settings or ask our staff for assistance.
HELP Patient Portal for Payment Plans
- Cass Health offers payment plans with payments as low as $25 per month. For more information, visit our Payment Plans page.
- If you have already have a HELP account, you can log into your account here.
No one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay. There is a discounted/sliding fee schedule available based on family size and income. Financial assistance is available for those who meet the income guidelines, which have been recently expanded. For those who qualify, this program will pay for a portion of your hospital charges.
Send the completed application to Cass Health, Patient Financial Services, 1501 E. 10th Street, Atlantic, IA 50022. If you have questions, please call us at 712-250-8041.
- Payment in full is expected upon receipt unless other acceptable arrangements are made (see credit policy below).
- Accepted forms of payment include cash, check, debit cards, or credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover).
- Any payments received will be posted to the oldest date of service.
- Bills for hospital services will be mailed to the account guarantor (person responsible for payment) after any insurance payments have been received.
- An itemization of charges is available upon your request; please reach out to our Patient Financial Services team.
If you have questions or would like to speak with our Patient Financial Services team, please call us at 712-250-8041. Our team is available Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Iowa Medicaid Continuous Coverage Unwind
If members do not respond to renewal letters or requests for information, they may lose coverage. This is why it's important that clients verify their contact information is up to date, as this is how the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services will contact individuals who are impacted by this change. Click here to read more about the Medicaid unwinding process and timeline.
No Surprises Act- Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate and Balance Billing Protections
The No Surprises Act protects patients from large and unexpected surprise bills.
Patients that are self pay have a right to receive a good faith estimate for the cost of care that we can reasonably expect at the time a service is scheduled*. (*for services scheduled greater than 3 business days in advance.)
For those seeking care at an out-of-network facility or from an out-of-network provider for emergencies and certain non-emergency services provided in in-network health care facilities the No Surprise Act offers protections against balance billing. Click here for more information about your rights under federal law.
Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate of Expected Charges Notice PDF
Right to Receive a Good Faith Estimate of Expected Charges Notice (Spanish)
Model Disclosure Notice Regarding Patient Protections Against Surprise Billing PDF
Model Disclosure Notice Regarding Patient Protections Against Surprise Billing (Spanish)
The American Hospital Association in conjunction with HFMA and AHIP put together a helpful guide about avoiding surprises in medical bills. Click here to read "Avoiding Surprises in Your Medical Bills."
Contracted Insurance Companies or Networks
As of 1/1/2024
- Iowa Medicaid
- Iowa Total Care
- Medicare Advantage Companies
- Amerigroup Dual Advantage
- Aetna Medicare Plans
- Medica Prime Solution
- United Healthcare Dual Complete
- AARP Medicare Plans
- Wellmark Blue Medicare Advantage Plans
- Please call for other unlisted plans.
Commercial Insurance Companies
- United Healthcare
- Midlands Choice Network
- Wellmark (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Iowa)
- VA CCN
- Please call for other unlisted plans.