Cass Health partners with Avadyne Health as an extension of our business office; you will see the name Avadyne Health on your bill for our services.
- Payment in full is expected upon receipt unless other acceptable arrangements are made (see credit policy below).
- Any payments received will be posted to the oldest date of service.
- An itemization of charges is available upon your request.
If you have questions about your bill, please contact Avadyne Health at 1-800-788-5874 during business hours:
- Monday-Thursday 8 am to 7 pm CST
- Friday 8 am to 6 pm CST
- Saturday 9 to 1 pm CST
If you would like to speak with the Business Office at Cass Health please call us at 712-250-8041. The Business Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Adding two little feet to your family? Check out our What to Expect for Billing Before and After Delivery frequently asked questions.
If you have questions about your statement from Eye Associates, please contact them directly at 712-243-7540.
Please call the Cass Health Business Office at 712-250-8041 for information.
Contracted Insurance Companies or Networks
Iowa Total Care
Medicare Advantage Companies:
Amerigroup Dual Advantage
Aetna Medicare Plans
Medica Prime Solution
United Healthcare Dual Complete
AARP Medicare Plans
Commercial Insurance Companies:
Midlands Choice Network
Wellmark (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Iowa)
Discounts & Credit Policy
We offer a 10% prompt payment discount, and payment plans are available. Please read our Credit Policy below for details.
Cass Health Credit Policy
- Bills for hospital services will be mailed to the account guarantor (person responsible for payment) after any insurance payments have been received.
- A 10% discount is available for any bill paid in full within 30 days of the first statement date. Please contact Avadyne Health at 800-788-5874 in advance to arrange your prompt payment discount.
- Accepted forms of payment include cash, check, debit cards or credit cards (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, and Discover).
- If you are unable to pay your bill in full, payment plans are available. Payment plans require a minimum monthly payment of $50 for bills of $1200 or less. For bills over $1200, payment plans can extend for up to 24 months. (Example: $3600 balance will be 24 payments of $150 each.) If you need to arrange a payment plan, please contact the billing office at 800-788-5874.
- If you have a low income or no income, you may be eligible for assistance with your bill. Please call our Patient Financial Advisors at 712-250-8041, or click here for our Financial Assistance Packet or Financial Assistance Packet (SPANISH).
Itemized bills are available upon request from the Cass Health Business Office.
Understanding Hospital "Charges"
Iowa Hospital Charges Compare allows health care consumers to access basic information about services and charges at Iowa hospitals. Information provided on the Web site is based on hospital "charges."
A hospital "charge" is not the same as "expected payment." "Charge" is the amount billed for a service. In the vast majority of cases, hospitals are paid considerably less than the billed amount. Because each person's case is different based on that patient's medical condition, a given patient's charge will not necessarily be the same as the average or median charge. Furthermore, the actual amount paid by a patient will depend on that patient's insurance coverage.
Iowa Hospital Charges Compare should be considered a starting point for comparing costs of care between Iowa hospitals. Patients should contact individual hospitals to get further details about the possible cost of their care. Patients should also talk with their insurance provider to understand which costs will be covered, and which will be the patient's responsibility.
Information from the Iowa Hospital Association
Across the state, Iowa hospitals offer an excellent value in health care. The quality of care in Iowa hospitals has been documented in nationwide studies. In addition, Iowa hospitals' charges for care are among the lowest in the nation. Such high-value health care is the result of a statewide health care system that is uniformly patient-centered and actively coordinated by highly skilled professionals at all levels. Iowa Hospital Charges Compare allows you to further explore and compare the value offered by Iowa hospitals.