Our goal is to provide a superior experience for our skilled nursing care patients and their families.
That means providing all of the services they need — while also shortening their length of stay and total overall expense.
Skilled nursing care at Cass Health makes sense — and we have the data to prove it.*
- Shorter stays
Most patients stay less than nine days.
- Better outcomes
Less than 1% of our patients return to acute care within 30 days of discharge for reasons related to their skilled care stay.
- Better value
Although hospital daily fees are higher than long-term nursing facilities, our shorter length of stay and better outcome mean that the overall expense is lower.
We provide multiple types of skilled nursing care including:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Long-term antibiotics
- Wound, Ostomy care
- Lymphedema treatment
Cass Health is a robust healthcare facility where you'll find:
- Experienced, caring nursing staff
- Hospitalists on the floor 12 hours a day
- Rural health clinic staffed with six family medicine physicians, and seven advanced practice providers for follow-up care
- Team of physical therapists and PTAs and a physical therapy gym that includes a therapy pool
- Multiple occupational therapists — including an OT certified in lymphedema
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- State-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging services (Interventional Radiology, MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy)
- Care Coordination and social services visit patients daily and coordinate post-discharge services
- Senior Life Solutions program to support the unique needs of older adults
- Patient-selected meals — our patients rave about the great food!
Cass Health is an hour east of Omaha in Atlantic, Iowa.
- Conveniently located halfway between Omaha and Des Moines
- Largest hospital and health system in the region — we currently serve patients from a 35-mile radius around Atlantic
- Easily accessed from I-80, and state highways 71, 6, and 83
- County seat — Atlantic is a thriving community of 7,000+ that includes multiple hotels, grocery stores, pharmacies — all of the necessities
are close at hand
For more information, please contact our Care Coordination team at (712) 250-8882.
*Cass Health is proud to partner with Stroudwater to validate our skills, readmissions, and quality.
Cass Health's Specialty Clinic is home to a number of visiting specialists who travel from both Omaha and Des Moines to care for our patients.
With care and compassion, the CCMH nursing staff serve patients of all ages with varied medical needs.