Our goal is to provide a superior experience for our skilled nursing care patients and their families.
That means providing all of the services they need — while also shortening their length of stay and total overall expense.
Skilled nursing care at Cass County Memorial Hospital makes sense — and we have the data to prove it.*
- Shorter stays
Our average length of stay is 5.4 days.
- Better outcomes
Less than 1% of our patients return to inpatient/ER care within 30 days of discharge
- Better value
Although our daily fees are higher than other facilities, our shorter length of stay and better outcome mean that the overall total expense to the patient is lower.
We provide multiple types of skilled nursing care including:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Long-term antibiotics
- Wound, ostomy, continence (WOC)
Cass County Memorial Hospital is a part of a robust healthcare facility — Cass County Health System, where you'll find:
- Experienced, caring nursing staff
- Hospitalists on the floor 12 hours a day
- Rural health clinic staffed with six family medicine physicians, and seven advanced practice providers for follow-up care
- Team of physical therapists and PTAs and a physical therapy gym that includes a therapy pool
- Multiple occupational therapists — including an OT certified in lymphedema
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- Award-winning WOC nurse
- State-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging services (Interventional Radiology, MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy)
- Care Coordination and social services visit patients daily and coordinate post-discharge services
- Senior Life Solutions program to support the unique needs of older adults
- Patient-selected meals — our patients rave about the great food!
Cass County Health System is an hour east of Omaha in Atlantic, Iowa.
- Conveniently located halfway between Omaha and Des Moines
- Largest hospital and health system in the region — we currently serve patients from a 35-mile radius around Atlantic
- Easily accessed from I-80, and state highways 71, 6, and 83
- County seat — Atlantic is a thriving community of 7,000+ that includes multiple hotels, grocery stores, pharmacies — all of the necessities
are close at hand
For more information, please contact our Care Coordination team at (712) 250-8882.
*CCHS is proud to partner with Stroudwater to validate our skills, readmissions, and quality.