Our goal is to provide a superior experience for our skilled nursing care patients and their families.
That means providing all of the services they need — while also shortening their length of stay and total overall expense.
Skilled nursing care at Cass Health makes sense — and we have the data to prove it.*
- Shorter stays
Most patients stay less than nine days.
- Better outcomes
Less than 1% of our patients return to acute care within 30 days of discharge for reasons related to their skilled care stay.
- Better value
Although hospital daily fees are higher than long-term nursing facilities, our shorter length of stay and better outcome mean that the overall expense is lower.
We provide multiple types of skilled nursing care including:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Long-term antibiotics
- Wound, Ostomy care
- Lymphedema treatment
Cass Health is a robust healthcare facility where you'll find:
- Experienced, caring nursing staff
- Hospitalists on the floor 12 hours a day
- Rural health clinic staffed with six family medicine physicians, and seven advanced practice providers for follow-up care
- Team of physical therapists and PTAs and a physical therapy gym that includes a therapy pool
- Multiple occupational therapists — including an OT certified in lymphedema
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- State-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging services (Interventional Radiology, MRI, CT, Fluoroscopy)
- Care Coordination and social services visit patients daily and coordinate post-discharge services
- Senior Life Solutions program to support the unique needs of older adults
- Patient-selected meals — our patients rave about the great food!
Cass Health is an hour east of Omaha in Atlantic, Iowa.
- Conveniently located halfway between Omaha and Des Moines
- Largest hospital and health system in the region — we currently serve patients from a 35-mile radius around Atlantic
- Easily accessed from I-80, and state highways 71, 6, and 83
- County seat — Atlantic is a thriving community of 7,000+ that includes multiple hotels, grocery stores, pharmacies — all of the necessities
are close at hand
For more information, please contact our Care Coordination team at (712) 250-8882.
*Cass Health is proud to partner with Stroudwater to validate our skills, readmissions, and quality.