Thomas Schmidt, MDRheumatology
Dr. Thomas Schmidt grew up in Atlantic, Iowa and after completing his military career looks forward to being back in his home state to help serve those with rheumatic diseases. He brings with him an enthusiasm to treat and diagnose general rheumatological illnesses.
- Dr. Schmidt earned his undergraduate degree in Kinesiology from The University of Colorado and attended medical school at The University of Iowa.
- He completed his internal medicine residency and rheumatology fellowship through the United States Air Force at Joint Base San Antonio and then spent four years at Travis AFB.
- He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He is an American College of Rheumatology Fellow.
- He is a Certified Clinical Densitometrist through ISCD.
When Dr. Schmidt is not practicing rheumatology, he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, exercising, and attending sporting events.
New patients will need a referral from their primary care provider.