The Laboratory at Cass Health is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by a team of experienced laboratory technicians and technologists. We are proud to have consistently earned the prestigious College of American Pathologists Accreditation every year, and our lab is Clinical Laboratory improvement Amendments (CLIA) certified.
We perform approximately 300,000 tests per year, and we work closely with our primary reference lab at the Mayo Clinic.
- Routine testing
- Blood Bank
- Molecular biology
- Breath alcohol testing
- Chain of custody drug screen collections
- Paternity testing collections
Our Hours & Contact Information
Our laboratory is open 24/7 for emergent, inpatient, and after-hours tests. We are fully staffed to assist outpatients during these hours:
- Monday through Thursday 7 am to 7 pm
- Friday 7 am to 5 pm
- Saturday 8 am to 2:30 pm
- Sunday by appointment only
After Hours: If you need assistance outside of these hours, please call 712-243-7440 or go to Emergency Department Registration.
Our direct fax line is 712-243-7454.
A Note about Test Results in MyChart
You may see test results in MyChart before your provider.
We believe that sharing information builds trust and stronger relationships. Most test results are published immediately in MyChart, which means you may see results even before your provider.
- Some results may be difficult to understand without explanation. It’s often best to discuss these together.
- We look at every result and will contact you with any results that concern us.
- If we have a critical concern, we will always follow up with you right away.
- If you have an urgent concern, we encourage you to reach out to us.
Questions? Call the Laboratory at 712-243-7440.
Wellness Lab Draws
Wellness lab draws will be held in November in the Cass Health Laboratory at 1501 E 10th St, Atlantic, IA 50022.
Go to cciaph.as.me/wellness to choose your appointment time, or you can call us 712-243-3250.
Please arrive no more than five minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
A 10-12 hour fast is recommended prior to your blood draw. Water, black coffee and routine medications are permitted.
Consent forms are available the day of your appointment, or can be downloaded here: Consent & Authorization for Blood Profile.
Please complete all consent forms prior to your appointment.