Stephen Slade, M.D.
Dr. Slade will be providing Rheumatology care at the Atlantic Medical Center. He is originally from Leon, Iowa. Beyond expertise in general rheumatology, he has interests in process improvement, care delivery, and medical education for patients and trainees.
• Undergraduate: Drake University, Magna Cum Laude with University Honors
• Medical School: University of Iowa, with completion of the Teaching Distinction Track. Inducted into Gold Humanism Honor Society and selected for Leonard Tow Humanism Award, which is given to one graduating Carver College of Medicine student annually
• Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine: Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, Washington, with completion of the Leadership in Quality Improvement Pathway
• Fellowship in Rheumatology: University of Colorado
• Notable Certifications: American Board of Internal Medicine, International Society of Clinical Densitometry
New patients will need a referral from their primary care provider to see Dr. Slade.
Dr. Gino Chesini provides rheumatology care at the Atlantic Medical Center.
• Dr. Chesini graduated from Des Moines University with his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
• He completed his Internal Medicine training at Mercy Medical Center here in Des Moines and his Rheumatology fellowship at Kansas University Medical Center. Dr. Chesini is board certified in Internal Medicine and board eligible in Rheumatology.
• Dr. Chesini is certified by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry.
New Patients will need a referral from their primary care provider to see Dr. Chesini.
Dr. Thomas Schmidt grew up in Atlantic, Iowa and after completing his military career looks forward to being back in his home state to help serve those with rheumatic diseases. He brings with him an enthusiasm to treat and diagnose general rheumatological illnesses.
When Dr. Schmidt is not practicing rheumatology, he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, exercising, and attending sporting events.
New patients will need a referral from their primary care provider.