COVID-19 Testing Information
Due to a national shortage of testing supplies, Cass Health is not able to offer rapid COVID-19 testing at this time. Outpatient COVID-19 tests will be sent to a reference laboratory; results are typically available in 48 to 72 hours.
Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
- Individuals can receive up to four free test kits per household, which is eight tests total.
- Kits may be picked up from any Cass Health location in Atlantic, Anita, Griswold, and Massena.
- Tests can be used by individuals who are mildly to moderately ill but do not feel like their symptoms need to evaluated by a healthcare professional. If symptoms or condition worsen, patients are advised to seek care.
- These antigen tests can also be used by those who have been exposed to Covid-19 but do not have symptoms.
- These at-home tests may be appropriate for some travel-related requirements, but antigen tests are not always the required method of testing. Travelers are urged to check with their airlines and destination regarding testing requirements.
In-House Testing at Cass Health
- Outpatient testing at Cass Health. Outpatient testing is appropriate for people who need to be tested prior to travel*, prior to a procedure, or who are mildly ill. These tests will be offered by appointment at Cass Health and then sent to a reference laboratory for processing. Results will typically take 48 to 72 hours and are delivered in the patient’s MyChart account.
* Please note that while results typically take 48 to 72 hours, results could take longer; if you need results for travel within a certain amount of days, this may not be the best option for your needs.
- This testing does have an associated cost. Cass Health will submit testing costs to your insurance but cannot guarantee coverage for all associated costs. Patients are encourage to discuss this with their insurance providers or one of our patient financial advisors.
- If you do not meet the Iowa Department of Public Health criteria for COVID-19 testing at the State Hygienic Lab, the cash price for a COVID-19 test administered upon the direction of your practitioner is $167.30. Click here to learn more about the State Hygienic Lab's testing requirements.
- If you would like to make an appointment for testing, please call 712-243-3250. Appointments are available Monday-Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Please check in at the Emergency Department registration desk prior to your appointment and you will be directed to our testing location.
Test Iowa at Home Test Kits
- Test Iowa offers free at home test kits. These tests can be ordered from testiowa.com or picked up from Cass County Public Health. The home tests are a saliva-based test, and results are typically available 48 hours after it is received by the state.