Visitors are Good Medicine
COVID-19 Related Visitor Limitations in place as of May 18, 2020
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older and in good health.
- Outpatients may have one visitor with them.
- Inpatients are allowed to have one visitor at a time.
Visitor limitations are subject to change.
Family and friends are welcome to visit – but our primary concern is always what’s best for the patient.
The Medical/Surgical, Intensive Care, and Obstetric inpatient units have open visiting hours, guided by each patient's condition and personal wishes. We observe quiet time hours daily between 2 and 3 p.m. Please schedule your visits around these hours if possible.
Please note the following guidelines for all visitors:
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, flu symptoms, or any other contagious disease.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when a physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment, and avoid unnecessary noise in patient areas.
- Visitors should dress appropriately, and must wear a shirt and shoes.
CCHS is Smoke & Tobacco Free
As a healthcare organization, we are responsible not only for the treatment of disease but for taking steps to promote the prevention of illnesses and injuries as well. Furthermore, as a healthcare leader, it is CCHS’s mission to set the standard and demonstrate healthy lifestyles for the communities in which CCHS serves. Tobacco use is widely recognized as a major preventable cause of many diseases in smokers and nonsmokers alike. As CCHS is committed to providing a safe, healthy, comfortable and productive environment for all who visit or work in and around our facilities, CCHS has been designated as a tobacco-free institution. The success of the policy will depend upon the thoughtfulness, consideration and cooperation of all tobacco users and non-users alike.
Smoking or otherwise using tobacco or tobacco-like products (including, but not limited to cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff, pipes, snus, etc.) on our property is prohibited. This includes any emerging tobacco product or simulated smoking device.
This includes all buildings, areas maintained, grounds, parking lots, ramps, sidewalks, etc. owned or leased or maintained by CCHS.
There are no designated smoking areas within any CCHS facility or on any grounds.