Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit, however patient care is our primary concern at Cass County Memorial Hospital.
The Medical/Surgical, Special Care and Obstetric inpatient units have open visiting hours, guided by each patient's condition and personal wishes. We observe quiet time hours daily between 2 and 3 p.m. Please schedule your visits around these hours if possible.
The Behavioral Health unit welcomes visitors:
- Monday - Friday 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Saturday - Sunday 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Please note the following guidelines for visitors:
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, flu symptoms, or any other contagious disease.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when a physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment, and avoid unnecessary noise in patient areas.
- Visitors should dress appropriately, and must wear a shirt and shoes.
Cass County Health System is Smoke & Tobacco Free
As a healthcare organization, we are responsible not only for the treatment of disease but for taking steps to promote the prevention of illnesses and injuries as well. Furthermore, as a healthcare leader, it is CCHS’s mission to set the standard and demonstrate healthy lifestyles for the communities in which CCHS serves. Tobacco use is widely recognized as a major preventable cause of many diseases in smokers and nonsmokers alike. As CCHS is committed to providing a safe, healthy, comfortable and productive environment for all who visit or work in and around our facilities, CCHS has been designated as a tobacco-free institution. The success of the policy will depend upon the thoughtfulness, consideration and cooperation of all tobacco users and non-users alike.
- Smoking or otherwise using tobacco or tobacco-like products (including, but not limited to cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff, pipes, snus, etc.) on our property is prohibited. This includes any emerging tobacco product or simulated smoking device.
- This includes all buildings, areas maintained, grounds, parking lots, ramps, sidewalks, etc. owned or leased or maintained by CCHS.
- There are no designated smoking areas within any CCHS facility or on any grounds.
If you are visiting an inpatient in the hospital's Medical/Surgical, Intensive Care or Obstetrics Units, you will find it most convenient to park in Parking Lot A. Entrance to this parking lot is from the intersection of 10th Street and Hospital Drive. Use the Main Entrance, go past the staircase and straight down the atrium. Take the elevator to the second floor for Inpatient Services.
If you are arriving to see a patient in the Emergency Department or Behavioral Health Unit, you may prefer to use Parking Lot C, which is near the Emergency Entrance on the south side of the building. Do not use the ambulance drive for private vehicles. Please leave the closer parking spots open for patients coming into the Emergency Department.